It’s no longer news that we’re already in winter here in Ukraine. It started last month and it’s now getting colder more than we could ever imagine. This is the season of short days and long nights. It’s the season we hibernate more and miss lectures. It’s also the season that we get lazy because of the cold and the mess on the road that angers us.
If you think this letter is not for you because you’ve been living in the Ukraine for years, then you’re darn wrong. Do you want to know one deadly thing about winter? Winter doesn’t know experience. Even Ukrainians get cold too. So, you have to take this seriously.
This is not the season to flaunt your physique or your beauty.
This is the season to wrap up yourself and feel warm as much as you can.
Your health really matters here because you’re far away from your home country.
You might think that it won’t have any effect now but it might later.
What’s the point in flaunting your beautiful outfit now and later get sick?
You don’t have to hurt yourself anymore.
I have garnered some list of what to wear before going out this winter:
1. A winter shirt/sweat shirt (ladies can wear any comfortable dress)
2. A Thick and warm cap/hat (Compulsory for both sex)
3. A long warm scarf (Compulsory for both sex)
4. A pair of warm socks ( compulsory for both sex and you can put on two pairs if comfortable )
5. A Warm thermal tight (compulsory for both sex)
6. A pair of gloves (if you’re comfortable with it)
7. A winter shoe embedded with fur (I recommend a rugged and aggressive grip sole)
8. A winter jacket (If you’re allergic to fur then get yourself other suitable winter jacket)
With this above list you’re good to go out and face the bitter cold winter weather, which wages war on us all to steal our body heat. I will add that your hands should stay in your pocket and make nodding a habit of greeting this winter. And, also make hot tea your favorite drink this season.
If you observe that you sweat inside due to being too warm (then if not inconvenient) remove some items of clothing, but keep the removed items nearby for when you go back outside next. Make sure that you check the weather forecast before going out including the wind, too.
I hope this letter will serve as a reminder and as an eye-opener for all foreign students in the Ukraine.
Dress warm till we meet again in spring for another letter. Cheers!
-MOAB © 2014